2014 Toyota corolla oil change to perform the best preventive maintenance on your engine.
Follow the recommended instructions to perform this task which is fascinating for toyota Corolla’s well-functioning enthusiasts for their wonderful car.
We recommend that you choose the best oil on the market that is appropriate for the weather conditions of your country, as well as the intensive use of the engine, we invite you to read this article until the end.
Follow the steps below to make the oil change yourself.
- Oil Filter Wrench for Toyota, Lexus, Scion 1.8 Liter Engines.
- Toyota Genuine Parts 04152-YZZA6 Replaceable Oil Filter Element o remplace Oil filter 57064.
- Full Synthetic Motor Oil, SN Plus, 0W-20, 5 Quart.
- Drain tray.
- Oil funnel.
- torque wrench.
- Number 14 copper flat washer.
- Gallon of used oil.
- rubber glove.
How many liters of oil does a 2014 Toyota corolla carry?
Toyota corolla 2014 1.8L 4.4 engine.
How to change the oil in a 2014 Toyota corolla oil change?
- Step to change the oil.
- Raise the hood
- Let the vehicle cool for 1 hour.
- Remove the dipstick.
- Remove the oil plug from the cap.
- Raise the car 40 cm on the Pin Jack bracket.
- Place under the drain screw the tray where you will deposit the engine oil used to prevent spillage.
- Remove the drain screw with a key number 14 or a 14 cube equipped with chicharra, also remove the washer that has the screw to replace it. be careful that the oil will come out with a little pressure.
- Let the oil drain completely.
- Now we put the drain screw back together with the flat copper washer. We will need to apply with a 25 foot-pound torque wrench.
• How to remove the oil filter
- We are going to disassemble the oil filter for this use a special wrench. Wrench for Toyota, Lexus, Scion 1.8 liter engines. Be aware that some oil drips.
- Use a wrench 17 to remove the filter, to loosen, turn it counter-clockwise.
- Finish removing the filter by hand, keep in mind that a little oil will drop when you remove it, let it drain for a while.
- Remove dirt under the filter outlet with a cloth.
How to install the oil filter Toyota Corolla
Take the disassembled oil filter and we will remove the filter element and clean the interior and exterior.
• We are going to remove an Oring type seal that the oil filter has.
• Fit the new Oring that came with the new filter element.
• Now we will put a little oil around the Oring.
• Finally, we will place the filter element, we will tighten it initially by hand.
• Use the filter wrench and we’re going to tighten a torque bar to 22 foot-pounds.
• Once the filter is tightened, we will place the click on the safety hook.
• Lower the car by removing the Pin Jack Support with the scissor lift jack.
- We are going to place the funnel in the engine oil inlet.
- Put 4 quart of oil in the engine and check the oil dipstick. Remember to clean the dipstick and validate.
- Replace the engine oil cap.
- Run the car until the lube light turns off.
- Turn it off.
- Recheck the oil level on the dipstick.
- Fill in the missing oil.
- Remove the funnel.
- Install the oil plug.
- Take the gallon of used oil and pour it into the oil drawn from the engine.
- Now dispose of the oil properly while protecting the environment.
- Write the current mile on a ticket and add 5000 to know when the next change is due.